I knew protein was good for the hair but I wasn’t aware that there were so many different types of protein. FYI… protein is beneficial for fine hair and for damaged or porous hair. While searching for different recipes for a protein treatment, I found out that there are different types of protein for the hair that benefit the hair in numerous ways. Below is the 6 different types of protein I came across and hopefully it helps the next time your going to pick up hair products, I know it did for me…
- Hydrolyzed proteins are found in rinse-off products. These can penetrate hair and add strength and shine.
- Collagen is helpful in improving hair elasticity.
- Keratin is thought to be strengthening and improves manageability.
- Wheat protein adds strength and helps retain moisture.
- Soy protein and other plant proteins also have moisture-attracting (humectant) qualities.
- Silk protein tends to soften hair.
One of my favorite proteins is the Palmer Protein Pak…
- Restores and replenishes dry, damaged hair
- With vitamin E, coconut milk, keratin and silk protein
- For fine, limp hair
- No sulfates
- No parabens
- No animal testing”
This explains why my hair responds differently to different protein products. I always thought protein was protein! Now I’m excited to get back to the store.