I use to make smoothies on a regular basics and through different changes that occurred in my life I have not made homemade smoothies in a while. So I’ve decided to get back into it because I enjoyed it and it’s very healthy and love the creativity and versatility that comes with making smoothies.
My goal is to have a smoothie at least once a day if not for breakfast then for lunch. I will post my daily smoothies on Instagram with the recipes here on my blog.
Here is a simple green smoothie that I made…
Also the flaxseed can be bought at your local market in the “organic” section.
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 2/3 cup blueberries (preferably frozen)
- 1/2-1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup milk of choice (coconut, soy, almond, dairy) I used original organic soy
- 2 teaspoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon organic flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of honey (look in notes for sweetener options)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, cover with the lid, and whirl until smooth. Add more milk if needed to reach the desired consistency and taste for sweetness, adjusting as necessary. Pour into two glasses and enjoy promptly.
Some smoothie combinations are sweet enough without sweetener (especially if your banana is very ripe). If you want to sweeten up your smoothie, here are some great options: honey, agave, maple syrup, stevia, liquid stevia, vanilla coffee creamer.
Hope you guys enjoy!!! Leave a comment with your feedback, once you try it. Let me know what alterations you made.